Glacier® Composite Sampler
It’s a brand new kind of sampler!The Glacier® Sampler combines the small size, light weight, and mobility of a portable with an exclusive new active temperature control system. Its revolutionary design gives you the best of all worlds: easy transport, quick setup, and accurate sample preservation – without reliance on ice or utility power! An optional Mobility Kit with aluminum frame and pneumatic tires lets you wheel Glacier even over rough terrain to remote sampling sites.In the field, Glacier delivers 48 hours or more of refrigeration from a 12 volt deep cycle battery. Its power-saving cooling system can be set to standby until the first sample is drawn. Glacier can wait patiently for days or weeks to collect event-triggered samples, and then preserve them until a convenient pickup time. For even greater versatility, Glacier also plugs into a 120 or 240VAC outlet to run on AC line voltage.
Unique temperature control systemGlacier’s new patent-pending temperature control system continuously measures the actual sample temperature, and precisely regulates cooling to ensure accurate sample preservation.
- Dependable, easy-to-program controller uses field-proven technology to ensure the reliability, ease of operation, and durability you expect from Isco.
- Runs on either external 12VDC or 120/240VAC mains power.
- Recall and run a stored program with two keystrokes.
- NEMA 4x, 6 (IP67) controller enclosure is watertight and dustproof.
- Actual measured sample temperature is stored by controller. Min, max, and average temperature are reported on LCD
- Patented LD90 non-contacting Liquid Presence Detector and pump revolution counting system ensure accurate sample volumes..
- Collect composite samples in 10 or 20 liter bottles - or eliminate bottle washing with ProPak® single-use liners.
- Stormwater sampling
- Biomonitoring – where accurate sample preservation is needed
- Influent and effluent sampling – Glacier can be easily moved in-plant to collect monthly or weekly at multiple sampling points. (Not recommended for use in corrosive atmospheres.)
- Anywhere you need sampling mobility plus reliable, ice-free cooling
Options and Accessories
- Mobility Option – includes aluminum frame with handle and pneumatic tires
- Single-bottle sampling configurations- 1 x 10 liter plastic or glass; 1 x 20 liter plastic, or 9-liter ProPak single use liner system
- Suction lines and strainers
|Size:||25 x 15 x 24 inches (63 x 38 x 60 cm)|
|Weight:||Dry, less battery - 60 lbs (28 kg)|
|Bottle configurations:||1 – 10 Liter PE or Glass; 1 – 20 Liter PE; 1 – 9 Liter ProPak composite sample container with disposable liners|
|Power Requirements:||12 VDC (Supplied by external battery), or 120/240 VAC power with included line cord.|
|Cooling:||CFC-free refrigeration system maintains sample temperature at 3°C±1°C at ambient temperature of 0°C to 40°C.|
|Intake Purge||Purge before and after each sample.|
|Tubing Life Indicator||Provides a warning to change pump tubing|
|Intake Suction Tubing||Length 3 to 99 ft. (1 to 30 m), Vinyl or PTFE lined, ID 0.375 in. or 0.250 in|
|Pump Tubing Life||2,000 samples|
|Maximum Lift||8.5 m (28 ft)|
|Typical repeatability:||±10 ml|
|Maximum lift:||26 ft. (7.9 m)|
|Typical line velocity @ Head height:||2.9 ft./s @ 3 ft; 2.5 ft./s @ 10 ft; 1.9 ft./s @ 15 ft. (0.88 m/s @ 0.9 m; 0.76 m/s @ 3.1 m; 0.58 m/s @ 4.6 m)|
|Sample presence detector:||Non-wetted, non-conductive sensor detects when liquid sample reaches the pump to automatically compensate for changes in head heights||Controller|
|Weight:||8 lbs. (3.6 kg)|
|Size:||10 x 12.5 x 10 inches (26 x 32.x 25 cm)|
|Operational temperature:||32° to 120°F (0° to 49°C)|
|Enclosure rating:||NEMA 4X, 6 (IP67)|
|Program Memory||Non-volatile ROM|
|Flow Meter Signal Input||5 to 15 VDC pulse or 25 ms isolated contact closure|
|External trigger:||Initiates sample collection and cooling from contact closure signal|
|Number of samples to shutoff:||999 samples maximum with 5 gallon (19 liter) bottle.|
|Clock Accuracy||Typically 1 minute per month for real time clock|
|Sample Frequency||1 minute to 99 hours 59 minutes (1 minute increments);|
non-uniform times in minutes or clock times 1 to 9,999 flow pulses
|Sampling Modes||Time or flow, event. (Flow mode is controlled by external flow meter pulses.)|
|Programmable Sample Volumes||10 to 9,990 mL (1 mL increments)|
|Program Storage||One program running, one stored|
|Controller diagnostics:||Tests for RAM, ROM, pump, and display|