- Microprocessor based systems with Touchscreen Operation
- Removable Bomb & Bucket Technology
- High precision Temperature Measurement
- Automatic Oxygen Filling Facility
Parr Instruments company has been designing & manufacturing Oxygen Bomb Calorimeters to meet the needs of today’s research and fuel testing laboratories for determination of Gross Calorific value of variety of Solids & Liquid fuels (Coal, Coke, Petrol, Diesel and other alternate fuels), Minerals, Feeds, Foodstuff, Animal & Human Nutrition, Combustible Waste/ Materials & many more applications.
Parr 6000 series Oxygen Bomb Calorimeters feature high degree of automation with touch screen operation, Linux operating system and fifth generation microprocessor control. Parr 6000 series has variety of models employing removable as well as fixed bomb and bucket designs.
Bomb calorimetry is a fundamental test of great significance to anyone interested in calorific measurements. The following list includes possible applications:
- Coal and coke, all varieties and types
- Fuel oil, both heavy and light varieties
- Gasoline, all motor fuel and aviation types jet fuels, all varieties
- Combustible wastes and refuse disposal
- Foodstuffs and supplements for human nutrition
- Forage crops and supplements for animal nutrition
- Building materials
- Explosives and heat powders
- Rocket fuels and related propellants
- Thermodynamic studies of combustible materials
- Energy balance studies in ecology
- Instruction in basic thermodynamic methods
Continuously Compensated Calorimetry
Removable Bomb & Bucket Technology
Removable bomb calorimeters are the more traditional design most users will recognize. In this design the oxygen bomb and bucket are removed from the calorimeter for loading the sample and filling the bucket with the carefully measured amount of water which absorbs the energy released in the combustion.
Fixed Bomb & Bucket Technology
In the fixed bomb and bucket design used in the 6400 Automatic Isoperibol Calorimeter, the bomb and bucket are not removed from the calorimeter during routine operations. This design concept has made it possible to offer unique levels of automation for the entire calorimetric determination not just the data collection and reporting steps. The result of this automation will save approximately five minutes of operator time per test when compared to any removable bomb calorimeter.
Parr Instrument Company certifies that all vessels have been tested in accordance with ASTM E144, as required.
BOMB CALORIMETER MODELS
STANDARD TEST METHODS COMPLIANCE
Standard ASTM Test Methods
- ASTM D240, “Standard Test Method for Heat of Combustion of Liquid Hydrocarbon Fuels by Bomb Calorimeter”
- ASTM D4809, “Standard Test Method for Heat of Combustion of Liquid Hydrocarbon Fuels by Bomb Calorimeter (Precision Method)”
- ASTM D5468, “Standard Test Method for Gross Calorific and Ash Value of Waste Materials”
- ASTM D5865, “Standard Test Method for Gross Calorific Value of Coal and Coke”
- ASTM E711, “Standard Test Method for Gross Calorific Value of Refuse-Derived Fuel by the Bomb Calorimeter”
International Standard Test Method
ISO 1928, “Solid mineral fuels -Determination of gross calorific value by the bomb calorimetric method, and calculation of net calorific value”
Australian Standard Test Method
AS1038.5, “Coal and coke — Analysis and testing — Gross calorific value”
British Standard Test Method
BS1016, “Methods for analysis and testing of coal and coke. Total moisture of coal”
German Standard Test Method
Din 51 900, “Determination of Gross Calorific Value of Solid and Liquid Fuels by the Bomb Calorimeter and Calculation of Net Calorific Value”
Japanese Industrial Standard Method
JIS M 8814 “Determination of Calorific Value of Coal & Coke”
ISO 9001-2008 Certification
Parr Instrument Company’s overall Quality Assurance System has been certified to be in compliance with ISO 9001-2008 by TÜV. ISO 9001-2008 covers the overall quality assurance and management compliance aspects of Parr’s activities as opposed to the certification of an individual product.
Where appropriate, Parr calorimeters are manufactured and certified to the electrical code established by the Canadian Standards Association. The CSA logo is shown on the nameplate of each CSA certified unit.
Where appropriate, Parr Calorimeters will carry the CE mark certifying compliance with the E.C. Directive 2004/108/EC for EMC compliance, E.C. Directive 2006/95/EC for low voltage electrical safety, and E.C. Directive 2006/42/EC machinery directive.